291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
The Highs and Lows [Mission/Glitch]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 0:31:38 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
Day five as a rocket grunt. He couldn't decide whether it was wise or foolish to have brought him to the team's main hideout so soon. He'd managed to survive the initiation, but he figured that the organization would be rife with spies if they so readily brought people here, or perhaps it already was and the powers the be both on the side of rocket and the league cared too little to deal with the problem as is. Worrisome thoughts, but he supposed that it's wasn't his concern or at least not for now, after all, he was the lowest in the chain. A fresh recruit armed in this drab black uniform that he somehow managed to pull off despite it being a half size too big and definitely been owned by a grunt or three before him. It'd taken hours to get the smell of whoever dared to adorn the suit prior to him out, but those were the breaks considering his situation. As far as the organization was confirmed he was just another body to accomplish a goal, regardless of how smart he might have been. It didn't matter what side he was on, as long as he was able to hit Silph however he could.

Seeing as it was his first day he'd been told to meet another higher-ranked member to give him the grand tour and show the grunt how exactly things worked out here, though he doubted he needed it. Looking around gave him a fairly good idea of the 'types' he'd run into as reductive as it may have been to think. Still, he'd try to keep an open mind lest his new comrades in arms decided that he was a problem which in turn would give the former researcher more problems of his own, the last thing he needed. It was best to stick to the schedule and show out where he could. Today that meant making sure his eyeliner was immaculate and rubbing elbows with the proverbial boss of the day who'd be arriving any second....hopefully.
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 15:01:39 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
it was honestly rough going when you were a grunt. which was why glitch was glad that he had finally moved his ass up just a tiny little bit. unfortunately that meant he was now in charge of taking care of other grunts. or at least, one grunt. that was now in his charge. and so maybe he was a teensie tiny bit late on managing to show up to take care of him but in his defense his nails had taken a lot longer to dry than he wanted. with dorito carrying his things he meandered down the hallway, admiring the pretty new galaxy giritina nail color that had he had picked out. the way the grey swirled with some yellow glitter? absolutely amazing. he'd have to share it with .

honestly his biggest worry at this point was that it was going to be another gross muscled up dude who didn't wash his hair and simply contributed to the stink of the submarine instead of working towards being a clean person and making sure rocket's reputation wasn't ruined because people stank worse than a stunky. he was pleasantly surprised when he saw that it was someone who at least had enough sense to work on their makeup. "are you the new grunt? well, you've got to be if they have you wearing that." he let out a sigh and wrinkled his nose. he hated the fact that they recycled uniforms around here. sure it saved money but it looked disgusting.

"my name is glitch maverick and this is dorito." he indicated back at his heatmor when he said it. the giant thing was a new addition to his team but having a fire type seemed like a good idea in a place like this for some reason. "come on, let's get you into something that fits first off. i'm not walking around with you looking like that." while some of the rocket budget was clearly not used for uniforms that didn't mean glitch didn't modify them himself. especially not after they told him they would charge him for alterations. that was what his beloved c.c. was for now. sewing and shit.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 3:45:27 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
"Watch your tongue Miles."

The first thought upon meeting the boss of the day. A thought that curbed any sarcastic or snide remarks at their root. In truth, the associate wasn't anything that he expected. A bit flippant, young, but most importantly the young rocket was well-groomed. Still, he'd keep his comments to himself for the moment content to respond with a "Yes sir." It wasn't loud, and perhaps it was lacking in respect, but it was a response straight and clear. The scientist was no soldier, but he could at least play the part as necessary. As the superior introduced both himself and his pokemon, the grunt's eyes would rest on the latter for a second, but his focus remained on the associate.

The jab about his 'officewear' wasn't appreciated in the slightest, but news that he wouldn't be stuck in something so horrid was far more important to linger on, even now the bagginess of the pants despite his attempts to hem them irked the newest rocket. "That'd be very much appreciated...Sir." He almost slips forgetting the 'sir' the second time around. The uniform clearly wasn't the only thing that needed adjustments. "If I may sir, how long have you been with the organization?" He can't help but note how odd this experience felt. it was as if he'd just begun his first day as a lab intern or an office much less the frontman of what was supposedly a criminal empire.
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 23:46:16 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
watching this guy bite his tongue was hilarious. mainly because glitch was barely a higher rank than he was and this was absolutely more respect than he deserved. but it was fucking hilarious nonetheless. he could get used to people scrambling over giving him attention and kissing his ass. until the ass kissing gets annoying that is. and having this guy call him sir every five seconds was already wearing on his nerves. with a sigh he rolled his eyes. "come on, my pokemon will take care of you. do you have any civvie clothes to wear for now? plus you can just wear civvies on deck. literally no one cares this far down." after all he wasn't wearing his uniform, not a chance.

"c.c. handles taking care of fixing up clothes and shit for me."
his hatterene hadn't ever actually wanted to sew clothes but she also got sick of the terrible vibes that came from glitch when he saw people wearing shitty clothes. "not very long, but i'm already an associate or whatever." it was one step above a grunt and that was good enough for him right now. but he had big plans to get even bigger. he was going to be the biggest thing to ever fucking happen.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 12:14:11 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
The associate's laissez faire  aura did ease Miles in some regard. Still, he couldn't quite figure out the man's angle in all this. If based on  first impression alone Glitch seemed like he'd be much better suited to social work,  Perhaps as a teacher or a 'Personality' (whatever the latter meant), a career where big personalities shined in the light. Indeed the fellow rocket didn't feel like he should be here at the bottom of the ocean committing an assortment of class A to C felonies. Then again neither did the one questioning it, and so to each their own the ex-researcher supposed.

In the moments that Miles found himself ruminating on all this, Glitch had turned attention to his Heatmor and its ability to sew which was interesting in its own right seeing as the pokemon's only proclivities, (or at least the only ones Miles knew) were sticking it's tongue into the backs of Durant and sucking their insides out through their steel casings like a straw in a fucking coconut. It was gruesome stuff, really. 

"I do." The man had brought the few things he'd cared to save with him on the ship upon boarding as per the instructions. A single bag to cram whatever vestiges of his prior life he cared enough to stick with. The thought in hindsight was as poetic as it was depressing.

"However, all my items are in the barracks. is that an issue?"  At the very least Miles had taken the hint and dropped the 'sir'.

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 14:30:08 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
if he thought dorito was the one that was going to fix up his clothes he was sorely mistaken. the big dumb durant eater just stared a bit. he was nice and toasty to have around and dried laundry faster than the dryer in the lower ranks laundry room did. that's why glitch had been dragging him around. but miles would figure it out soon enough with glitch helping him out. "good, you can change into that while we get your uniform sorted out." that way he wouldn't look like a disgrace when he actually did need to run around with it on.

"yeah... i probably forgot some socks in my own room anyways. i always find something else dirty after i do my laundry." so it would be fine to go back to the barracks. he could sweep over his own room once more for dirty clothes as c.c. got to work on the uniform. with a gentle pat he shoved dorito back down the hallway towards the barracks. "maybe we'll be close by on our rooms?" it would be nice to be near a guy that didn't have a room that smelled like cheese feet and old socks. man he hated the hygiene on this sub sometimes.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 0:13:05 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
The mood had shifted from professional criminal organization to college freshman in a matter of minutes, it was an uncanny shift, but the man wasn't complaining. His eyes shift from different grunts to rooms on the submarine as they walk Glitch's Dorito guiding the most recent grunt and his superior through the various hallways and corridors. Honestly, he doesn't know what to think of the pink-haired associate, this early in his new life, but he can admit having someone so personable rooming near him didn't sound so terrible.

"I didn't quite expect it to be like this." He says aloud having just passed another group of members, who seemed relatively happy to be in a tanker nearing the bottom of the ocean. "It's a lot more relaxed than I could have ever expected. Is it always like this?" His eyes turn toward the associate a degree of confusion thinly veiled in the question. Just as he asks he recognizes that they were nearing his quarters. "I think I'm over here if memory serves..."
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 11:36:16 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he liked that he could help make things a bit more relaxed down here. of course it meant that that there were a few people that got a bit cocky. but he also didn't really care about those people either. they could go fuck themselves. he was an associate and they were just grunts. even if being an associate meant next to nothing if he was being honest. but it was good enough that he got to hang around with a newbie and show them the ropes around here. "my room is here for now, i'm sure eventually i'll get an upgrade." but the way he said it made it clear he was sure he wouldn't be getting one at all.

"go get your clothes and meet me in here, my door will be open." it was a lot of the time. most of the time he had an open door policy but some of the time people took it a little bit far. but whatever. he pushed open his door and noticed c.c. was watching over the place again. piling up the dirty clothes that glitch had forgotten on the way out and tossing out some of the soda cans into the trash. she was like the mother he never wanted. her black eyes stared at him as he flopped down on the plush bed. of course it wasn't the standard submarine bed. he wasn't going to sleep on a disgusting cot.

so he'd snuck this in while some of the bigger people weren't looking. posters lined his wall and his minior floated around the ceiling, creating ambient lighting that seemed nice. sprite was sitting on the desk that was in his room in sleep mode. the porygon2 was a new addition to his team but it was nice enough. he still preferred joycon though.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 12:40:23 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
He's impressed catching a glance into his superior's room, for a submarine dorm Glitch had truly gotten what Miles initially thought to be a dank sea floor cell to feel lived in, homey even. But therein lied Glitch's talents as he'd later learn in his future movements with the rocket.

"For what little it's worth this one is rather nice." He responds to the man standing in the doorway of the other rocket's door. Though the two had a very different taste in aesthetics Miles could appreciate the touches the fashionable associate had placed throughout his living quarters, though even at this stage in his employment it was apparent to the fresh recruit that many of said touches were most likely against protocol. "Ah, understood." The dark-skinned grunt would move from the man's doorway shortly there after making his way to his own room, grateful that the quick tour had taught Miles a good portion of the submarine's layout.

His own room in comparison to Glitch's was dogshit, not literally of course, but just in its emptiness. Glitch's room had pizazz, and its Feng Sui was impeccable from a third parties perspective while his own consisted of a single cot, two personal photos, a crate of lab notes unsorted, and a fossil he hadn't the time to resurrect. Of course Miles wasn't wholly to blame he'd only moved in the room a day ago if that. Still, it was a bit of an eyesore after seeing something so glamorous. If he was ten years younger the man would say he'd been 'stunted on', but that was neither here nor there.

After his observation of the barrack Miles would grab the small laundry bag of clothes by his door before making his way back to the associate, resolved to ask how the man had managed something so inconceivable, perhaps so he could replicate it.

"I have to ask, and I apologize for asking in advance." he didn't want to draw too much attention to it. "How did you manage to secure a bed, and moreover would it be possible to secure another...." For someone who supposedly hated money, the man was rather lucrative in his endeavors.
[/b]
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 5:33:20 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
miles wouldn't be the first person he helped to make their dorm room a little bit more... not fucking suckish and he probably wouldn't be the last either since there were always people who wanted to come in and be more comfortable. people worked better whenever they were able to come home to a comfortable bed. so he wasn't surprised whenever miles came to him asking for help with it. of course he would oblige. when miles came back, c.c. met him at the door. the hatterene already knew what was up when glitch brought other grunts here and her strange hand was held out for the bag of clothes. "just hand over whatever you need mended to her." after all that's what she was good at.

"of course, taki can carry it in whenever you're ready for it." his conkeldurr was an invaluable member of his team recently with all the work that had to be done. "the base is built out of pallets and then the top is a mattress. it looks rustic when it's not covered with comfortable blankets." a full bedframe was a little harder to sneak in but the mattresses were an easy peasy fix. "have a seat if you want. don't bother sprite though it's recharging." the porygon2 beeped a little bit at the mention of its name.

konpeito the minior floated down slowly to meet miles, circling his head a bit to examine him. it was a little weirdo but glitch loved it. after all catching that little dude had been a blast. he still kind of wanted more of them in different colors though.

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 21:55:12 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
There's apprehension in following the request but after eyeing the pokemon for a moment miles acquiesces sorting through the uniforms quickly handing the ill-fitting odds and ends to the Hattrene to do with as she pleased. "Much obliged." It's more to the pokemon than the associate this time around. More than that though the associate certainly had a system. He could see why the organization had him work with the fresher recruits. Not only was he social, but he was assiduous in all onboarding matters, even his team seemed to know exactly what the routine was, speaking on how well trained they were. "I see this isn't your first rodeo." He comments taking a seat on the bed judging it only as one could careful to avoid the porygon2. He's then greeted by the next member of the man's team a minior. who'd circle the man the shell-covered astroid pokemon was adorable if a little intrusive.

"I have a feeling we'll be seeing much of each other Glitch." He'd need allies to make it through this experience and there was no one he could think better than this coworker to be his first. "That said, I believe I have some pallets to collect, Any final nuggets of knowledge for someone fresh in the system?"
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 22:18:45 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
c.c. shifted the bag around a little bit as miles handed it over so that she could judge the weight. chittering and humming a little bit she went to a corner of the room and began picking out her supplies from a basket glitch had brought for her. "she'll have it fixed up in no time and we can just drop it off at your room when it's done!" it would be good for him to get around to moving around the dorms a bit more anyways. there were tons of grunts he still had to meet and greet and he was fine with it. so long as they didn't get too uppity about it all.

"i hope we do, after all, if you can't make friends around here you don't last very long. connections are important, remember that... oh, and watch out for emma wolfe, she's a bitch."
and would snap a neck faster than you could say ow. but that wasn't important to tell him right now. all he wanted to do was warn miles that there were some snakes on this submarine.

you can end it on your next post if you want!

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 22:42:04 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"There's no worry there."
There was certainly worry there.

Miles wasn't the most open man, but he understood all too well the power of connections. Whether it was in rocket or on the surface, connections reigned supreme a cursed aspect of class in the workplace, but one he had no ability to change, or at least not yet.

"Thankfully, it seems I've found what could be my first. It's been a pleasure, Glitch." It's not a lie for the associate's oddities he'd welcomed Miles with an open heart and helped get him acquainted with the Sub as a whole, Useful and sociable, Glitch was a force to be reckoned with as for his advice about Emma Wolfe he'd keep an ear open and an eye out, he'd yet to hear the assortment of rumors surrounding the sub, but in time he was sure he'd figure out who exactly Wolfe was and how best to steer clear. For what it was worth Miles left feeling rather pleasant, more pleasant than he'd been upon creating this arrangement with Rocket as it was. And for that, he was grateful to the Glitch as he left to procure a few pallets of his own.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 5:00:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: